Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wasting Water but Not Time

I almost feel guilty about this.  I know that water is a precious resource and it is our responsibility to be good stewards of our resources, but I just didn't have the heart to tell my little girl that she was wasting water.


It was hot yesterday and the water felt good on our feet.  Besides, at least a little bit of the water found it's way into the watering can and then into the pots on the patio.


I keep hoping that these early days of playing with water and mud will eventually lead to days of genuine affection for gardens and for the earth itself.  I suppose that in a way, I am hoping that because the water was poured out yesterday in celebration of summer and youth, that she will want to conserve it tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Like your blog. Nice paving you are doing. I am your new follower and would love you to stop by and follow back.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cher. I'm glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete